- By focusing on licensee practice within the framework of regulatory requirements: training new trading services licensees on how to comply with the regulations to reduce the likelihood of complaints, and
- By providing even more hands-on, practical experience before licensing, so new trading services licensees are better prepared to provide real estate trading services to clients.
Recognizing the importance of strong foundational learning, the redesigned residential and commercial courses will focus on competency-based education to help produce qualified and confident new licensees. Elements of the new model will include:
- Core competencies taught pre-licensing, practiced with a temporary licence;
- A blended learning course model which expands the time frame to allow for practical application at the brokerage level;
- Assessment throughout the course;
- Instructional focus on competencies;
- Case studies, role playing, videos, reflection and further active learning strategies to engage learners; and
- Ongoing professional development of instructors.
To ensure that new licensees are equipped to meet today’s challenges and serve their clients competently, learners will begin the new Applied Practice Course before becoming licensed. The course will continue after licensing, giving learners the opportunity to gain valuable “real world” experience by completing field assignments in their own brokerage setting, with the support of instructors, their peers and their managing broker.
For more information, visit the new Applied Practice Course FAQ.