Webinar: “The End of The Beginning” and BC’s Real Estate Sector & Economy
In just two months, COVID-19 has completely reshaped our society, from our personal and professional lives to our economy and housing market. But to paraphrase Dr. Bonnie Henry, we are only at the end of the beginning. There is more change to come.
Join BCREA on Wednesday, May 27 at 10:00 am PST for the first in a series of webinars on the post-pandemic recovery of the BC real estate sector. This webinar is open to all REALTORS®, real estate boards, and industry professionals, and will focus on the impact of COVID-19 on BC’s real estate sector and the larger economy, and the timing and strength of a post-pandemic recovery.
This webinar will feature an expert panel discussion, moderated by Darlene Hyde, Chief Executive Officer of BCREA, who will be joined by:
- Anita Huberman, Chief Executive Officer, Surrey Board of Trade,
- Hendrik Zessel, Executive Managing Director and Western Canada Leader, Cushman & Wakefield,
- Elton Ash, Regional Executive Vice President, RE/MAX of Western Canada, and
- Brendon Ogmundson, Chief Economist, BCREA.
In this series of discussions on the post-pandemic recovery, we will draw on the expertise from a number of economic, business and brokerage experts. As needs arise, we will offer additional programming over the coming months.
May 27 Panelists
- Brendon Ogmundson: Brendon Ogmundson is the Chief Economist for the BC Real Estate Association. Brendon specializes in macroeconomic forecasting, housing market analysis, and econometric modelling and is responsible for producing forecasts for the BC, Canadian, and US economy and authoring quarterly forecasts for the BC housing market and Canadian mortgage rates. He is also a member of the BC Economic Forecast Council.
- Anita Huberman: Anita Huberman is the Chief Executive Officer of the Surrey Board of Trade, a position she has held for over 14 years. Anita has been with the Surrey Board of Trade for 27 years and is a true trailblazer, advocating for change for business and Surrey at all levels of government. Anita also currently serves on Premier Horgan’s COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force.
- Elton Ash: Elton Ash is a long-term affiliate of the RE/MAX organization serving at every level of the franchise system, and currently serves as the Regional Executive Vice President of RE/MAX Western Canada. Elton is also a Certified Real Estate Specialist (Real Estate Institute of Canada), an Accredited Buyer Representative (National Association of Realtors, and licensed as an Associate Broker in BC.
- Hendrik Zessel: As Executive Managing Director and Western Canada Leader, Hendrik Zessel oversees Cushman & Wakefield’s operations in Western Canada, which includes Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, and Calgary. Hendrik is a seasoned professional and industry specialist with over 40 years of experience in the Vancouver real estate market and a track record of building and maintaining one of the highest performing offices in the country.
To register for the May 27 webinar on economic recovery, click here.
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Economics
- Statistical Releases
- Housing Affordability
- Housing Supply
- Professional Development
Popular posts from BCREA
New Statutory Holiday on September 30, National Day for Truth and ReconciliationSep 09, 2021
Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now OpenMay 01, 2020