Contract Law Foundations for REALTORS®: Online Course Explores Legal Principles Behind Real Estate Contracts
TAGS: Legal Principles Online Courses PDP Professional Development Real Estate Contracts
BCREA has created a new self-paced online course, Contract Law Foundations for REALTORS®, which equips learners with a foundational understanding of the legal principles relevant to contracts respecting to real estate in British Columbia.
Contract Law Foundations for REALTORS® focuses on the foundational principles, common pitfalls, and best practices with real estate contracts. Possessing an understanding of these elements better equip Realtors with the tools needed to produce successful transactions.
(REALTOR Link® login required)
This course, worth three accredited PDP hours, is an introductory course for new REALTORS® who want to expand their knowledge of this important area of the law, as well as experienced REALTORS® who wish to have a primer on the foundational laws applicable to real estate related contracts in British Columbia.
By the end of this course, learners will understand and be able to identify:
- The laws governing the formation and termination of contracts respecting real estate in British Columbia.
- The most common standard form contracts that REALTORS® use in their daily practice as well as the important clauses in each of the contracts discussed.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of contract law through the application of best practices and avoidance of common pitfalls.
Are you a new Realtor? Visit our New REALTOR® landing page to explore more resources and frequently asked questions.
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications such as this one, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Education
- Standard Forms
- Real Estate Practice
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Real Estate Council of BC
- Professional Development Program
Popular posts from BCREA
Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now OpenMay 01, 2020
First-Time Home Buyer Incentive Launches in SeptemberAug 22, 2019