New Online Course Helps REALTORS® Better Understand What It Means to Live in a Healthy Home
TAGS: Healthy Indoor Environments Online Courses PDP Professional Development
BCREA has launched Healthy Indoor Environments, a new online, accredited, self-paced course, designed for REALTORS® to improve their knowledge of what it means to live in a healthy home and the various health factors that may impact the decisions of their clients.
This course is authored by Noah Quastel of the BC Lung Foundation, in conjunction with leading experts across the range of topics explored, which include but are not limited to:
- Air Quality Controls
- Outdoor Air and traffic
- Building Structure and Exteriors
- Heating and Cooking Appliances
- Ventilation Systems
- Realtor Roles
The course also focuses on ways to prevent different types of outdoor pollutants from entering a home. Realtors taking this course will find particularly useful short videos recorded by a number of experts in the field of healthy indoor environments included in each of the modules.
(REALTOR Link® login required)
After completing this course, Realtors will earn 4 accredited PDP hours, and will be able to:
- identify key outdoor air pollutants
- identify ways a poor building structure and envelope can increase exposure to asbestos, formaldehyde, benzene, and radon
- describe sources and health effects of key pollutants that occur in flooring and walls, including dust, dust mites, and tobacco smoke
- recognize the kinds of stoves and fireplaces that can minimize health effects
- describe different types of ventilation systems and air quality controls that can help homeowners improve their indoor air; and
- utilize effective ways to learn about the clients' lung health status and have a meaningful conversation about their health needs.
The primary goal of this course is to enhance the standard of professional competency in how Realtors assist their clients and protect their best interests during the home buying or home selling experience, particularly in the area of health. Click here to register (REALTOR Link® login required).
This Project is made possible with funding from the Real Estate Foundation of British Columbia.
Please note that during checkout that a VAT number is not required.
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications such as this one, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Education
- Standard Forms
- Real Estate Practice
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Real Estate Council of BC
- Professional Development Program
Popular posts from BCREA
New Statutory Holiday on September 30, National Day for Truth and ReconciliationSep 09, 2021
Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now OpenMay 01, 2020