New Online Course on Cannabis Supports REALTORS® in Navigating Legalization
TAGS: Cannabis Education Online Courses Professional Development Program
Cannabis and Real Estate: The New Paradigm is a new online course offered by BCREA, designed to help REALTORS® address questions raised by the legalization of recreational cannabis in Canada, and keep them on the vanguard of current market events.
- Special Offer: Use the coupon code 1GY0GMHE before March 31, 2020, to receive 10% this new course! This discount code can only be applied once per individual, to one course. Click here to register.
Since cannabis was legalized in October 2018, there have been many questions with respect to how this new landscape would affect REALTORS® in their day-to-day practice: How does the legal framework on cannabis affect my disclosure obligations? What pitfalls should I avoid in the current cannabis landscape? How can I mitigate the risks associated with cannabis and real estate in BC?
These questions and others are addressed in this new course, which aims to help REALTORS® understand cannabis regulations on the buying, selling, renting, and management of property in British Columbia, and implications for disclosure obligations, tenancy agreements, and strata organizations.
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- identify the cannabis plant and its usual forms of consumption;
- explain the current legal framework for cannabis in Canada;
- describe how the legalization of cannabis impacts trading services, rental property management, and strata property management services; and
- apply recent case law decisions to their daily practice
Hosted on CREA's training hub, the course is an accredited PDP offering, which means REALTORS® in BC will earn three accredited PDP hours when they finish the course.
- Click here to learn more about the revitalized Professional Development Program (PDP) framework, which took effect on January 1, 2020.
Enroll for Cannabis and Real Estate: The New Paradigm before March 31, 2020, using the coupon code 1GY0GMHE to receive 10% off your registration fee.
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Education
- Professional Development Program
- Real Estate Council of BC
- Resources for REALTORS
- Rural Real Estate
Popular posts from BCREA
First-Time Home Buyer Incentive Launches in SeptemberAug 22, 2019
Sketching Out the Potential Impact of COVID-19 on the BC Housing MarketMar 17, 2020