Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now Open
As of May 1, 2020, British Columbians can apply here for the BC Emergency Benefit for Workers (BCEBW). The BCEBW is a one-time, tax-free $1,000 payment for British Columbians whose ability to work has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are eligible for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) you are likely eligible for the BCEBW.
To be eligible for the BCEBW, you must:
- have been a resident of British Columbia on March 15, 2020;
- meet the eligibility requirements for the CERB (click here to learn more);
- have been approved for the CERB, even if you have not received a benefit yet;
- be at least 15 years old on the date of application;
- have filed, or agree to file, a 2019 B.C. income tax return; and
- not be receiving provincial income assistance or disability assistance.
How to apply
Other financial aid
There are several financial aid programs available to Realtors and brokerages who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to the CERB, the Canadian government is also offering the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) and the Temporary Wage Subsidy (TWS) programs, as well as other financial supports available to small businesses. You can find more information about these programs on our COVID-19 resources page, under financial aid.
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Practice Tips
Popular posts from BCREA
New Statutory Holiday on September 30, National Day for Truth and ReconciliationSep 09, 2021
First-Time Home Buyer Incentive Launches in SeptemberAug 22, 2019