New Online Course Explores Systems Used in Residential Construction
CATEGORY: New REALTORS® Professional Development
TAGS: Professional Development Program Residential Construction
If you have ever been a part of a residential real estate transaction, a client has probably asked you a question about part of a house’s system. Did you have the answer? Knowledge of the ins and outs of residential construction can be an extremely valuable tool for REALTORS®.
Know Your Product: House Systems is a new self-paced online course that provides a comprehensive introduction to the systems used in residential construction equipping Realtors with tools to assist clients in making informed decisions.
This course describes the major systems within a house, including electrical, heating, cooling, insulation, ventilation and plumbing.
This course aims to provide Realtors with foundational knowledge regarding the systems of a house and introduce an essential vocabulary for discussing a house’s systems and features.
Learners will leave this course with:
- An improved ability to serve their clients and answer their questions regarding a house, its condition and its potential.
- better able to discuss current or potential problems with a property,
- provide a more accurate evaluation of a property considering the house’s condition,
- help their clients explore the pros and cons of any house that the client may be interested in;
- and identify when to consult other professionals for expert advice.
This course also has a special bonus feature exploring the BC Energy Step Code and improvements that can be made to house systems to reduce energy costs and improve energy efficiency. Upon completion, learners will have earned 6 PDP hours.
Together, both Know Your Product: House Structures and Know Your Product: House Systems provide an essential overview of what Realtors need to know about residential constructions and to be better informed about the product they sell! An instructor led version of this course will be made available later this summer for your local real estate board to deliver.
(BCREA Access Login Required)
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications such as this one, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within New REALTORS®
- Professional Development Program
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Property Disclosure Statement
- Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC)
- Climate Change Preparedness
- Standard Forms Resource Centre
Popular posts from BCREA
Housing Market Update – September 2023Sep 15, 2023
Mortgage Rate ForecastSep 21, 2023