BCREA to Make Sweeping Recommendations Addressing Challenges in BC’s Housing Market
Vancouver, BC – British Columbia Real Estate Association (BCREA) Chief Executive Officer, Darlene K. Hyde, will be announcing a series of sweeping recommendations addressing current concerns with the province’s housing market, the real estate transaction process and consumer protection.
The recommendations are part of a comprehensive whitepaper, A Better Way Home: Strengthening Consumer Protection in Real Estate, BCREA will be releasing which explores the validity, scope and potential impact of the Ministry of Finance’s plan to introduce a “cooling off period” for residential real estate transactions, other potential consumer protections and the current state of BC’s real estate sector.
Members of the public can view the announcement via live stream and media will have the opportunity to ask questions via teleconference and in person following prepared statements.
Date: February 28, 2022
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 am (PST)
- Darlene K. Hyde, Chief Executive Officer, British Columbia Real Estate Association
- Representatives from the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver, Fraser Valley Real Estate Board and BC Northern Real Estate Board
- Live Stream & Teleconference
- In-Person Media Attendance
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver – Boardroom (900 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC).
- Limited spots are available for media to attend the news conference in person. To reserve a spot, email [email protected]
Sr. Communications Specialist
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications such as this one, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Supporting Consumers
- Real Estate Practice
- Housing Affordability
- BC Financial Services Authority
- Practice Tips
- Housing Supply
Popular posts from BCREA
New Statutory Holiday on September 30, National Day for Truth and ReconciliationSep 09, 2021
Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now OpenMay 01, 2020