What is the value of becoming a REALTOR®?
Not all real estate trading services licensees in BC are REALTORS®. To be classified as a REALTOR®, an individual must be a member of a real estate board and therefore a member of their provincial association (BCREA in BC) and the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). REALTORS® also adhere to a strict Code of Ethics.
Benefits of being a REALTOR® include:
- Access to the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®)
- Professional standards and business practices
- Access to standard forms
- Educational standards and opportunities
- Access to statistics, newsletters and other industry communications
- Leading-edge marketing and technology tools
- Arbitration services
- Networking opportunities
For more information about a REALTOR®'s role, click here.