Webinar: BC Real Estate and the Election on Our Doorstep
Join the BC Real Estate Association (BCREA) on Wednesday, October 21 at 10:00 am PT to explore the impacts of the upcoming provincial election on the BC real estate sector.
During this 75-minute webinar and expert panel discussion, we will review the key asks that BCREA and real estate boards will make of any new provincial government and explore the risks and opportunities for the real estate sector arising from the changing political landscape. We will also have a close look at what could happen at the federal level that could impact real estate in BC.
This webinar will feature an expert panel discussion, moderated by BCREA Chief Executive Officer Darlene Hyde, who will be joined by:
- Trevor Hargreaves, Vice President of Government Relations and Stakeholder Engagement, BCREA,
- Linda Kristal, Vice President, Advocacy, Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), and
- Neil Moody, Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Home Builders’ Association of BC (CHBA BC).
This webinar is open to all REALTORS®, real estate boards, and industry professionals.
- Darlene Hyde has been Chief Executive Officer of BCREA since January 2018. Prior to that, she held senior executive positions with the Commercial Real Estate Development Association of Metro Vancouver and the New Car Dealers Association of BC. Darlene has extensive executive experience in a number of sectors across Canada including financial services, insurance, telecommunications, energy and housing.
- Trevor Hargreaves is the Vice President of Government Relations and Stakeholder Engagement for BCREA. He is also an Adjunct Professor at the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia. Prior to his time at BCREA, Trevor was closely involved in Federal trade negotiations within the Canadian agricultural sector tied to NAFTA, TPP and CETA.
- Linda Kristal became CREA's Vice President, Advocacy after serving eight years as Director of Communications. Linda’s career in Ottawa began on Parliament Hill working for an MP, Ministers and the Prime Minister over almost a decade as a political staffer. During that time, she got to see the ins-and-outs of life on the Hill and a bird’s eye view into policy making.
- Neil Moody has led CHBA BC as its CEO since August 2013. During this time, membership has grown by 37% to 2,100 member companies and the association has become the leading provider of builder education and energy efficiency programs. Neil brings an action-based, collaborative approach to advocacy and government relations.
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Advocacy
Popular posts from BCREA
Selling Tenant-Occupied Properties During the COVID-19 PandemicDec 09, 2020
Real Estate Professionals Urged to Stop Open Houses: Regulators and Provincial Association Recommend Virtual ToolsNov 05, 2020
Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now OpenMay 01, 2020
First-Time Home Buyer Incentive Launches in SeptemberAug 22, 2019