In The Home Buyer Rescission Period: What REALTORS® Need to Know course, REALTORS® will gain knowledge of the Home Buyer Rescission Period Regulation and learn about changes beginning on January 3, 2023. The course will cover the specifics of the new legislation and equip REALTORS® with a strong foundation required to address the needs of their clients. REALTORS® taking this course will find particularly useful various scenarios that walk through the process of exercising the right of rescission.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- identify the key elements of the new legislation, including the length of the rescission period;
- provide required disclosures of the rescission rights to their clients;
- calculate the rescission amount properly;
- explain how the deposits are handled, in accordance with the Regulation;
- fill out appropriate forms in order to be compliant with the new requirements; and
- identify strategies for managing brokers to mitigate risks.
The primary goal of this course is to enhance the standard of professional competency in how REALTORS® assist their clients and protect their best interests during the home buying or home selling experience.
To help you incorporate the Home Buyer Rescission Period: What REALTORS® Need to Know course into your schedule, we recommend you allow more than one hour to complete it. The course was created in real-time as the legislation guidelines were being released. As more information became available, it was added to the course materials to ensure accuracy. We hope the information in the course will support you in your practice, and we appreciate your dedication to professional development.
Back to Calendar