Is It Different This Time? Recessions and the BC Housing Market
To view the Market Intelligence Report PDF, click here.
- The 2020 COVID-19 driven recession will be deep, though the duration may be shorter than past recessions.
- We expect that home sales will post an initial sharp decline as households and the real estate sector adhere to social distancing.
- As measures implemented to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 are gradually lifted, we expect that low interest rates and pent-up demand will translate to a significant recovery in home sales and prices.
For more information, please contact:
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Economics
- Statistical Releases
- Housing Affordability
- Speculation and Vacancy Tax
- Resources for REALTORS
- Market Intelligence Reports
Popular posts from BCREA
Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now OpenMay 01, 2020
First-Time Home Buyer Incentive Launches in SeptemberAug 22, 2019