BCREA Creates Virtual Community for Managing Brokers
In April, BCREA launched our Managing Broker Community of Practice, a virtual community where managing brokers can connect, find important information, hear from guest speakers, and share best practices. The current focus of the Community of Practice is supporting managing brokers with information around the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on the needs of the community, the focus will expand to address other emerging issues and topics.
The Community of Practice sessions are currently held every Wednesday at 10:00 am via Zoom webinar. To register for the Community of Practice sessions in May, please click here. By registering, you can attend any of the May sessions.
The weekly May sessions will cover the following topics:
- an economic update and market outlook with Brendon Ogmundson, BCREA Chief Economist, on Wednesday, May 6;
- an update from the Real Estate Errors and Omissions Insurance Corporation with Leslie Howatt, Executive Officer, and Chris Johnston, Staff Lawyer, on Wednesday, May 13; and
- a discussion around anti-money laundering, FINTRAC requirements and COVID-19 with consulting firm MNP LLP on Wednesday, May 20.
To date, the Community of Practice has gathered to hear presentations on the COVID-19 Economic Response Plan and financial support for managing brokers and REALTORS®, BCREA and CREA's provincial and federal advocacy efforts on behalf of Realtors and brokerages, regulatory changes and principle-based practice with the Real Estate Council of BC, and live virtual tours during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
We encourage all managing and associate brokers to share your feedback and ideas for future sessions by emailing [email protected].
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Practice Tips
- Strata Properties
- Professional Development Program
- Housing Affordability
- Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC)
- Anti-Money Laundering
Popular posts from BCREA
Housing Market Update – February 2024Feb 16, 2024
Mortgage Rate ForecastDec 13, 2023