COVID-19: Resources for REALTORS®
Last updated: May 5, 2021
BCREA has created this dedicated page to help real estate boards and REALTORS® access resources related to real estate practice and the COVID-19 crisis. We will provide new information and resources as they become available. In addition to uploading new content here, we will send out email updates to all Realtors as needed.
Managing Brokers: Click here for the Safe Practices Checklist, revised December 8, 2020.
The content is divided into six sections:
- Financial Aid: understanding and accessing financial supports.
- Conducting Transactions: conducting real estate transactions while practicing social distancing.
- Standard Forms & Liability: understanding contracts, standard forms, FINTRAC compliance and liability.
- Economic Impacts: guidance from BCREA Economics on market impacts.
- Supporting Clients: information to support your clients.
- Professional Development: continuing your professional development online.
- One Year Later: Government Financial Support for REALTORS® During COVID-19 (Canadian Real Estate Association)
- Economic supports for businesses (Government of BC)
- *NEW* UPDATED: As Case Counts Rise, REALTORS® Should Continue to Prioritize Health and Safety (Updated May 5/21)
- *NEW* UPDATED: Selling Tenant-Occupied Properties During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Updated May 5/21)
- *NEW* UPDATED: COVID-19: REALTORS® and Consumers Can Travel for Real Estate Transactions (Updated May 4/21)
- REALTORS® and COVID-19: Three Tips for Working During the Hot Market (Posted March 10/21)
- Updated Guidance for Real Estate Practice During COVID-19 (Updated January 14, 2021)
- Conveyancing Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Posted December 8/20)
- REALTORS® Encouraged to Continue Safe Business Practices in Light of New Public Health Orders (Posted November 20/20)
- Continue to Use Virtual Tools When Possible to Market, Show and View Properties (Posted November 12/20)
- Real Estate Professionals Urged to Stop Open Houses: Regulators and Provincial Association Recommend Virtual Tools (Posted November 5/20)
- Safer Showings During BC's Second Wave (Posted November 5/20)
- Blanket Ban on Residential Evictions Ends (Posted June 25/20)
- Podcast: Episode 7 - Returning to Work & Risks to Realtor Reputation (Posted May 28/20)
- UPDATE: Extension of BC's State of Emergency: What it Means for REALTORS® (Updated May 28/20)
- Conducting Live Virtual Tours During COVID-19 and Beyond (Posted April 24/20)
- Home Inspection Protocols During COVID-19 (Posted April 22/20)
- PODCAST: Episode 5 - Conducting Business During COVID-19 (Posted April 20/20)
- CREA Introduces Feature to Highlight Live-Streamed Open Houses on REALTOR.ca (Posted April 9/20)
- UPDATE: Conveyancing in the Time of COVID-19 - So Far (Updated April 3/20)
- Three Ways to Virtually Show a Property During COVID-19 (Posted March 26/20)
Standard Forms & Liability
- UPDATE: Dealing with Contracts and Disclosure Requirements (COVID-19 FAQ) (Updated November 12/20)
- New COVID-19 Presumption in the Workers Compensation Act (Posted September 10, 2020)
- Using CREA's Health Waiver (Posted June 3, 2020)
- BCREA Creates Notice & Acknowledgement Form for Use During COVID-19 Pandemic (Posted April 22/20)
- PODCAST: Episode 4 - COVID-19 Standardized Clauses, and Financial Support (Posted April 9/20)
- How Can REALTORS® Protect Themselves Against Liability During the COVID-19 Pandemic? (Posted April 8/20)
- UPDATE: COVID-19 Reopening Dashboard (Updated April 28/21)
- COVID-19: Population Growth and Housing Demand (Posted October 28/20)
- "The Unusual World of Pandemic Economics" - Why BC's Housing Market Remains Strong Despite COVID-19 (Posted September 9/20)
- Monitoring COVID: BCREA Develops New Economic Resources (Posted September 2/20)
- UPDATE: COVID-19 Economic Impacts Dashboard (Updated August 28/20)
- Webinar Recording: "The End of The Beginning" and BC's Real Estate Sector & Economy (Posted May 28/20)
- Is It Different This Time? Recessions and the BC Housing Market (Posted April 20/20)
- COVID-19 and a Different Type of "Exposure" Risk (Posted July 16/20)
- Managing Online Communities While Returning to Operation (Posted June 12/20)
- Communicating During Stressful Times (Posted April 19/20)
- PODCAST: Episode 6 - How to Stay Productive During COVID-19 (Posted April 30)
- Helping REALTORS® Invest in The Future: PDP Discounts During COVID-19 (Posted April 30)
- Five Ways for REALTORS® to Keep Busy During COVID-19 (Posted April 30)
- Online Education During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Posted April 30)
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Practice Tips
Popular posts from BCREA
UPDATED: COVID-19: REALTORS® and Consumers Can Travel for Real Estate TransactionsApr 23, 2021
Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now OpenMay 01, 2020
First-Time Home Buyer Incentive Launches in SeptemberAug 22, 2019