BCREA Online Courses Updated to Reflect Regulatory Changes
CATEGORY: Professional Development Standard Forms
TAGS: BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA) Disclosure Disclosures in Real Estate Home Buyer Rescission Period (HBRP) Manufactured Home Professional Development Program Property Disclosure Statement Self-Directed Learning Strata Fundamentals 1
With the Home Buyer Rescission Period (HBRP) expected to be implemented province-wide on January 3, 2023, BCREA has revisited previously available courses to learn where and how the rescission period may have changed what REALTORS® need to know for their practice.
We have identified significant revisions to reflect the new legislation in the Disclosures in Real Estate course and some minor revisions or additions in four additional online courses.
Disclosures in Real Estate
Disclosures are important and often misunderstood by REALTORS®. The updated course has an additional module added on the new legislation and related forms of BC Financial Services Authority and BCREA. This is a great opportunity for REALTORS® to refresh their knowledge of disclosures while also understanding the new legislation.
Online Courses with minor revisions to reflect the new legislation:
- Standard Form Essentials: The Property Disclosure Statement
- Strata Fundamentals 1
- Manufactured Homes: What REALTORS® Need to Know 2.0
- Contract Law for REALTORS®s
These courses have been updated (e.g., changes to a paragraph or two) to reflect the new HBRP rules.
On December 1, 2022, the following will be released:
- All revised self-paced online courses will be available on the BCREA Hub
- Registration for The Homebuyer Rescission Period: What REALTORS® Need to Know course
- The new Notice of Rescission toolkit alongside all other revised toolkits on the Standard Forms Resource Centre
Please note that none of these resources will be available prior to December 1.
Do you have questions about the 2023 Regulatory Changes and Standard Forms Launch? Visit bcrea.bc.ca/forms2023 (BCREA Access login required) for the most current information or for Professional Development specific e-mails contact us at [email protected].
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications such as this one, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Professional Development
- Professional Development Program
- Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC)
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Property Disclosure Statement
- BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA)
Popular posts from BCREA
Housing Market Update – February 2024Feb 16, 2024
Mortgage Rate ForecastDec 13, 2023