Know Your Product: House Structures is Now Available Online
CATEGORY: Professional Development
TAGS: Construction Professional Development Program Residential Construction
Know Your Product: House Structures is a revamped version of the previously popular Know Your Product, in-person course, where REALTORS® will be provided a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of residential construction including footings, foundations, floors, decks, walls, openings, stairs, roofs, and chimneys. This course is available as a self-paced online offering, that allows you to complete the course at your own pace, or an instructor-led live offering if you prefer more structured, face-to-face-learning.
However, due to COVID-19, the instructor-led offering will be held virtually over Zoom. To see dates for instructor-led offerings, please see the current course calendar here. BCREA's full list of self-paced online offerings, including this course, are available on the Professional Development Hub here.
(BCREA Access Login Required)
Regardless of the offering you choose, by the end of this course you will have earned 6 PDP hours and will be able to:
- use essential vocabulary for discussing a house’s structure and features;
- recognize potential issues within a house that may have created or may possibly lead, over time, to a defect;
- use the issues discovered to help establish a more accurate comparative market analysis (CMA);
- better assist your seller clients make the appropriate property disclosures; and
- help your buyer clients understand the pros and cons of any house they may wish to buy.
The primary goal of this course is to improve Realtors’ ability to knowledgeably answer their clients’ questions about a single-family home and to know when to refer their clients to the appropriate professional.
Please note that PDP hours may only be administered for one of these two offerings within a licensing cycle.
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications such as this one, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Professional Development
- Professional Development Program
- Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC)
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Property Disclosure Statement
- BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA)
Popular posts from BCREA
Housing Market Update – September 2023Sep 15, 2023
Mortgage Rate ForecastSep 21, 2023