The Home Buyer Rescission Period: What REALTORS® Need to Know Course Now Live!
CATEGORY: Professional Development Standard Forms
TAGS: Home Buyer Rescission Period (HBRP) Professional Development Program
With the new Home Buyer Rescission Period coming into effect in January 3, 2023, BCREA has developed a new course to support REALTORS® and managing brokers to not only understand the new rules but also apply them in their practice.
(BCREA Access login required)
The Home Buyer Rescission Period: What REALTORS® Need to Know course, will cover the specifics of the new legislation and equip REALTORS® with a strong foundation required to address the needs of their clients. REALTORS® taking this course will particularly find useful the various scenarios that walk through the process of exercising the right of rescission.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- identify the key elements of the new legislation, including the length of the rescission period;
- provide required disclosures of the rescission rights to their clients;
- calculate the rescission amount properly;
- explain how the deposits are handled, in accordance with the Regulation;
- fill out appropriate forms in order to be compliant with the new requirements; and
- identify strategies for managing brokers to mitigate risks.
The primary goal of this course is to enhance the standard of professional competency in how REALTORS® assist their clients and protect their best interests during the home buying or home selling experience.
Format: Self-paced online
Launch: December 1, 2022
Where: Available on BCREA’s Hub
Accreditation: One PDP hour
Availability: One year (Expires November 30, 2023)
Do you have questions about the 2023 HBRP and Standard Forms Launch? Visit www.bcrea.bc.ca/forms2023 (BCREA Access login required) for the most current information, or for Professional Development specific emails, contact us at [email protected].
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications such as this one, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Professional Development
- Professional Development Program
- Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC)
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Property Disclosure Statement
- BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA)
Popular posts from BCREA
Housing Market Update – February 2024Feb 16, 2024
Mortgage Rate ForecastDec 13, 2023