Crown Land

Provincial Crown Land Leases 101 #457

Legally Speaking

Whether helping a client to buy or sell a leasehold interest in a provincial crown lease, the licensee must investigate the lease. A listing licensee should always ask for the tenant’s original lease document. Later, the Crown Land Administration Division (“CLAD” or “the Administration”) will require the original to process a transfer of the lease.

Issues for Developers, Easements and Subdivision Plans #11

Legally Speaking

By Gerry NeelyB.A. LL.B. You own seventeen acres of vacant land in West Vancouver for which you have obtained approval of a plan of subdivision which requires the dedication of a road along the northern boundary of your property. Your problem is an easement crossing the area of the proposed road, in favour of the