Forms 2020: Updated Signature Blocks
By Ellen Baragon, Guest Contributor
As part of BCREA's Fall 2020 Standard Forms Release, the signature blocks on more than 20 standard forms have been updated and will be released on September 16, 2020.
- Find out more about BCREA's Fall 2020 Standard Forms Release at bcrea.bc.ca/forms2020.
After a recent review of the brokerage signature blocks on a number of forms, BCREA's Standard Forms Committee noted opportunities to ensure consistency by revising and standardizing signature blocks on more than 20 standard forms.
While these changes affect the layout and wording of some of these signature blocks, they do not change the meaning of the agreements between the brokerage and the client.
Managing brokers or authorized signatories should sign the agreements on behalf of the brokerage (which also indicates brokerage approval for the purpose of the boards). If indicated, the designated agent should sign on their own behalf to acknowledge their own responsibilities.
No changes have been made to the consumer signature blocks and clients should continue to sign to indicate their acceptance of the agreement.
After the last party signs the form, the client and the brokerage should receive a fully executed copy. If there are any questions regarding the proper protocols for execution of agreements on behalf of brokerages (including these forms), Realtors should consult their managing broker.
The following is a sample of some of the updated forms:
- Buyer Agency and Remuneration Agreement
- Buyer's Agency Exclusive Contract
- Amendment of Buyer's Agency Exclusive Contract
- Exclusive Authority to Lease
- Authority to Lease
- Amendment of Exclusive Authority to Lease
- Amendment of Authority to Lease
- Fee Agreements
- Limited Dual Agency Agreements
- Multiple Listing Contract
- Exclusive Listing Contract
- Amendment of Exclusive Listing Contract
- Tenant's Agency Exclusive Contract
Fall 2020 Standard Forms Release Pre-Launch Package
Click here to view the Fall 2020 Standard Forms Release Pre-Launch Package, which includes advanced copies of the revised forms (watermarked and not for use) along with resource guides. REALTOR Link® username and password are required.
In addition to the new standard forms and clauses, BCREA will also be releasing:
- Seven new standard forms and three new clauses. Learn more here.
- A significant number of revised forms. Learn more here.
If you have any questions about the Fall 2020 Standard Forms Release ask your managing broker or email [email protected].
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications such as this one, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Standard Forms
- Contract of Purchase and Sale
- Strata Properties
- Standard Forms
- Real Estate Practice
- Anti-Money Laundering
Popular posts from BCREA
Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now OpenMay 01, 2020
First-Time Home Buyer Incentive Launches in SeptemberAug 22, 2019