PODCAST: Episode 4 - COVID-19 Standardized Clauses, and Financial Support
Open House by BCREA is a monthly podcast where REALTORS® will find the latest real estate news and feature conversations with experts on issues related to real estate practice in BC. Learn more about the show here.
Episode 4, COVID-19: Standardized Clauses, and Financial Support, features conversations with BCREA's legal counsel for Standard Forms Jamie Matthews, and Anna Jones, a Partner at Church Pickard Chartered Professional Accountants.
Matthews discusses the concerns around using standardized clauses in transactions during the COVID-19 pandemic, and Jones details the different options for financial support for Realtors and managing brokers.
NOTE: This episode was recorded on Monday, April 6, 2020 and therefore may contain information that has since been updated or is no longer relevant or applicable. Please visit the BCREA COVID-19 Resources for REALTORS® page for the latest relevant information.
CORRECTION: At 17:24, Anna said that general revenue for Managing Brokers needs to drop by $30,000. This should be have been 30%.
Show Notes and Links
Below is where you'll find links to articles and websites referenced during the show. You can also use the times listed to navigate your way through the episode.
What's New - 1:50
- Update to the COVID-19 FAQ Dealing With Contracts and Disclosure Requirements
- Update on the blog post Conveyancing in the Time of COVID-19
- CERB or CEWS: Which Federal Aid is Right for You?
- Applying for CERB - Start with a CRA My Account
- Legally Speaking #524 - Collapsing Deals: A Refresher on the Common Law Principles
- Update to the BCREA Economics COVID-19 Dashboard
- 4:23 - Jamie Matthews, Partner at Farris LLP and BCREA legal counsel for Standard Forms, on the use of standardized clauses to address COVID-19
- 7:16 - Anna Jones, CPA, and Partner at Church Pickard Chartered Professional Accounts, detailing the options for financial support for Realtors and managing brokers
Subscribe & Follow
Do you want to be notified on your smartphone when the latest episode of Open House by BCREA is published? Subscribe on your favourite podcast app, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, and TuneIn.
You can even ask Alexa to "play the podcast Open House by BCREA."
While you're waiting for the next episode, follow BCREA on social media to stay updated:
To subscribe to receive BCREA publications, or to update your email address or current subscriptions, click here.
What we do
Popular tags within Podcast
- Strata Properties
- Standard Forms
- Real Estate Practice
- Real Estate Council of BC
- Professional Development Program
Popular posts from BCREA
Applications for BC Emergency Benefit for Workers Now OpenMay 01, 2020
First-Time Home Buyer Incentive Launches in SeptemberAug 22, 2019