About BCREA’s Current PDP System
Currently, REALTORS® complete 18 credits in three different categories aligned with their two-year regulatory licensing cycle.
Questions? Contact Us
REALTORS® must take Legal Update once per licensing cycle (6 PDP credits).
- Includes all current BCREA-owned PDP courses and third-party courses that are PDP accredited
- REALTORS® must take a minimum of 6 PDP credits in Category B and can take all 12 remaining credits in Category B, if desired
- Recognizes informal and social learning like accredited member board and industry events
- REALTORS® can only take up to 6 PDP credits in Category C
REALTORS® who are members of other boards may attend sessions provided by the FVREB, at the published rate for non-members, providing space is available two days prior to the event.
Library of Accredited Courses
Check out the library of all current and past accredited learning opportunities created by BCREA, real estate boards and external vendors.
Find out more.
I am a course provider; how do I apply to get a course or event accredited?Please note that the current framework and accreditation policy will be changing effective January 1 st , 2020. For more information on the new framework, please click here.
To become accredited, all courses or events must be reviewed by the Accreditation Committee, must be REALTOR® specific, and must meet rigorous competency and pedagogical criteria. These requirements are based on the PDP Accreditation Policy.
To submit your course or event for Accreditation review, please review Category criteria outlined below fill in either the Category B or Category C application form and send to the email listed in the form.
Category B Application Form
Category C Application Form
What is defined as a Category B course?
Category B courses will address one or more primary REALTOR® competencies:
- Contracts/Standard Forms
Category B courses can also address a secondary competency which is an area of specialization. Examples of this include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Multiple offers
Design and delivery of Category B courses integrate the main principles of adult learning 1 , provide tangible materials to reinforce the main learning points and create a positive, effective and impactful learning experience for REALTORS®:
- Learners are provided with learning opportunities beyond the profession’s “entry” (licensing) level
- Learners are involved and actively engaged in the process and delivery of their instruction
- Learner past experience is considered, acknowledged and integrated into learning activities
- Content has immediate relevance and impact to the job or personal life of the REALTOR®
- Content and/or delivery method is problem-centered rather than content-oriented.
- The course enhances the learner’s understanding and ability to apply and integrate the knowledge and/or skills gained
Depending on the length, depth and details of the course, a Category B course can receive 3 – 12 PDP credits.
What is defined as a Category C course/event?
Category C was designed to recognize those informal and social learning opportunities that REALTORS® value. Category C includes BCREA-accredited member board education events, and BCREA-accredited industry events. Category C events each provide 3 Category C PDP credits. REALTORS® can include a maximum of two events – or 6 of their required 18 PDP credits – for credit in their PDP cycle.